The best friend of every homeowner is a high-quality pressure washer. You can use it to clean nearly every exterior surface of your house. Power washing the windows and bricks or siding of your house every year will remove all the dust and pollen that accumulates on them. It will look much better afterward. Decks, patios, sidewalks, driveways, and outdoor furniture can be cleaned with it. Also, it’s an excellent addition to any DIY car wash! There’s almost no limit to how much you can clean with a pressure washer.
While choosing a pressure washer, certain tips should be kept in mind to achieve the best results.
- One very significant tip to consider is to vary the pressure washer’s size. Since the size is related to the unit’s power, if the engine is small, the power generated will be less. If you do lots of pressure washing, you need to invest in a professional-grade pressure washer. This pressure washer is particularly important for work that takes long hours.
- If you want to clean only household items, a light pressure washer is enough. The power of this pressure washer is less since the workload is also less. A light pressure washer is easy to maintain as it is used for household work.
- The second tip is to be careful regarding the nozzle of the machine. Since it is an important determinant of the angle of the water stream. The narrow-angle spray is generally more powerful than large-angle spray.
- When buying the pressure washer, be cautious of the type of electric attachment because some washers require direct plugging into the outlet using the machine’s cord, while some need extension wire.
- If you are going for a less expensive option, cold water models are good for you.
- In case of a preference for a lighter version of pressure washer, go for electric washers since they can be stored in smaller places.
Gas washers have the advantage of being highly portable and can be repaired easily.
If you are a contractor or a professional requiring a pressure washer, then a semi-pro pressure washer is your option. They can handle frequent usage very well.
- If you use a cold pressure washer, be careful only to put cold water since hot water can significantly damage the washer.
- One of the most important is to be careful about the proper usage of the pressure. Whichever pressure washer you buy, read the manual carefully to know all the parts and functions.
Note: Consider the water pressure in your home when selecting an electric or gas model. The extra performance of a gas-powered washer might not be worth the cost of your home has low water pressure. You’ll likely spend more and gain no performance benefits if you buy a washer. In that case, go for an electric model and save your money.
Keep accessories of pressure washer handy. Some of these accessories are pressure washer brushes which can provide significant scrubbing. Spray tips can help clean the home. Surface cleaners can help clean sidewalks and driveways. Detergents also help with a variety of cleaning tasks. So buy these along with your choice of pressure washer.